Wait - Wow, This is such a great poem!

Desperately, helplessly, longingly,
I cried:

Quietly, patiently, lovingly God replied.

I pled and I wept for a clue to my
fate, And the Master so gently said, “Child, you must wait.”

“Wait? You say, wait! ” my
indignant reply.

“Lord, I need answers, I need
to know why!

Is your hand shortened? Or have you
not heard?

By Faith, I have asked, and am claiming
your Word.

My future and all to which I can relate

Hangs in the balance, and YOU tell
me to WAIT?

I’m needing a ‘yes’, a go-ahead sign,

Or even a ‘no’ to which I can resign.

And Lord, You promised that if we believe
we need but to ask, and we shall receive.

And Lord, I’ve been asking, and this
is my cry:

I’m weary of asking! I need a reply!

Then quietly, softly, I learned of
my fate As my Master replied once again, “You must wait.”

So, I slumped in my chair, defeated
and taut and grumbled to God, “So, I’m waiting…. for what?”

He seemed, then, to kneel, and His
eyes wept with mine, And he tenderly said, “I could give you a
sign.

I could shake the heavens, and darken
the sun.

I could raise the dead, and cause mountains
to run.

All you seek, I could give, and pleased
you would be.

You would have what you want ~ But,
you wouldn’t know Me.

You’d not know the depth of My love
for each saint; You’d not know the power that I give to the faint;

You’d not learn to see through the
clouds of despair; You’d not learn to trust just by knowing I’m there;
You’d not know the joy of resting in Me When darkness and silence were
all you could see.

You’d never experience that fullness
of love As the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove; You’d know that
I give and I save…. (for a start), But you’d not know the depth of
the beat of My heart.

The glow of My comfort late into the
night, The faith that I give when you walk without sight, The depth
that’s beyond getting just what you asked Of an infinite God, who makes
what you have LAST.

You’d never know, should your pain
quickly flee, What it means that “My grace is sufficient for Thee.”

Yes, your dreams for your loved one
overnight would come true, But, Oh, the Loss! If I lost what I’m
doing in you!

So, be silent, My Child, and in time
you will see That the greatest of gifts is to get to know Me.

And though oft’ may My answers seem
terribly late, My most precious answer of all is still, “WAIT.”

” WAIT “

- Author Unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

It Finally Clicked!